Saturday, August 27, 2016

My Week So Far




My oldest daughter surprised me with these containers that she bought from Ikea. For the past couple of months, I had been talking about buying a Bento box to pack my lunches for work. Once my daughter saw the $5.00 price tag, she figured these containers would work just as well. I couldn't agree more, especially since I now have 17 new containers to store not only my lunches in, but left over from dinners as well. Not bad for $5.00, huh? Okay, I couldn't wait to get started.
 
 
I started off  by making a spring mix salad with berries and pecans. I used romaine lettuce and a package of spring mix greens. To that I added strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges and pecans. During lunch, I topped it off with raspberry vinaigrette.
 
 
I also packed garlic hummus to dip the carrot sticks in which I planned to have for a midmorning snack. Then 2 fresh figs to snack on later in the day. Originally, I was also supposed to have boiled eggs with the salad, but I forgot to boil them. I already had some vegetables leftover in the fridge, so although I didn't have enough time to take a picture, I did end up having that with my salad instead. For me, the most important thing is to not still be hungry after meals. Better planning is certainly the key.
 
 
 And that's it! Lunch and snacks were packed and ready.
 
 

Daily Food Journal

Monday
Day 18


Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
Snack - Hot cup of green tea with honey /Carrot sticks dipped in hummus
Lunch - Spring mix salad with berries and pecans / included romaine, arugula, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pecans and raspberry vinaigrette / On the side, garden vegetable medley with roasted potatoes, peas, red peppers and herbs
Snack - 2 Figs
Dinner - 1 Veggie burger with cheese / Baked sweet potato with butter
 

Tuesday
Day 19
 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
Snack - Hot cup of green tea with honey /Carrot sticks dipped in hummus
Lunch - Spring mix salad with berries and pecans / included romaine, arugula, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pecans and raspberry vinaigrette / 2 Boiled eggs
Snack - 2 Fresh figs
Dinner - Leftover veggie stir fry on a tortilla wrap / 2 Oranges
 
Wednesday
Day 20
 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts, honey and cinnamon
Snack - Strawberries / Hot cup of green tea with honey
Lunch - Tuna salad on whole wheat with romaine lettuce and tomatoes / pretzels
Snack - 2 fresh Figs
Dinner - Vegetable spring rolls, vegetable egg rolls /
vegetables on the side included carrots, snap peas, black beans and edamame in butter sauce  

Thursday
Day 21
 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts, honey and cinnamon
Snack - 2 Hard boiled eggs
Lunch - Tuna salad on whole wheat with romaine lettuce and tomatoes / side of watermelon
Snack - 2 Fresh figs
Dinner - 1 Veggie burger on whole wheat bun with romaine lettuce, tomatoes and mozzarella.
Garden salad with mixed greens, romaine, spinach leaves, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, peas and broccoli  
 
  
Friday
Day 22
 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, walnuts and cinnamon
Snack - Hot cup of green tea with honey / 2 Fresh figs
Lunch - Tuna salad on whole wheat with romaine lettuce and tomatoes / Pretzels
Dinner - Baked haddock, western fries and chocolate cake. This was the first time that I went off my new eating pattern in 22 days so I don't feel guilty at all. I read once that it's okay to give in to a craving once in a while, that's why they call it 'treats.' Treats were never intended to eat on a daily basis, but to enjoy occasionally.   

No comments:

Post a Comment