Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Heart Healthy Walk


This morning, I got up early and drove to a nearby park, It was before 7:00 and I was ready to walk. It's been at least a month since I laced up my sneakers and followed my favorite walking path and I can't tell you how much I missed it. I couldn't exercise when I was first released from the hospital because I was ordered to rest. Now that I'm feeling better, it's important that I start to get back into a regular exercise routine. I know that it's going to take more than just eating healthy to reverse these illnesses and I want to begin working out on a regular basis.

My schedule is a little crazy right now so I'll need to get creative. Oh and as far as my work out, well let's just say... I have to work my way to getting back to where I was before everything happened. And that's perfectly okay because I'm up for the challenge. Besides, next month is the walkathon and I really need to be prepared.


I took the above picture while I was walking. It was really cloudy and I was hoping that it wouldn't start to rain during the walk. Thankfully, it didn't actually start raining until a little later that morning. Thank you Lord!


Daily /Food Journal
 
Day 17
SONday
 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts,
and a Hot cup of green tea with honey
Lunch - 1 Veggie burger with cheese / Vegetarian baked beans
Snack - 1 Blueberry muffin
Dinner - Stir fry veggie wraps with broccoli, carrots, spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms /

and a side of watermelon

Fruits - 1
Veggies - 4 
Grains - Yes, Oatmeal
Beans - Yes
Daily Exercise - Walked around the park for over 1 mile - 40 minutes.

Notes - I'm just glad that I got out there and moved. Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment