Saturday, August 6, 2016

Beginning My Pescetarian Journey

Image result for images of let food be thy medicine


Because I was a hard headed diabetic for many years, I currently take insulin. Injections of long and short acting insulin twice a day along with 1000 mg of Metformin twice a day as well. When I left the hospital two days ago, I was given a not so lovely parting gift, three brand new prescriptions for my damaged heart, Metoprolol, Clopidogrel and Isosorbide DN. Now, on top of my diabetes drugs, I was already taking Ferrous Gluconate, an iron pill, because my doctor said that my iron levels were dangerously low. My daily doses of prescriptions drugs had now totaled  up to 7 different medications and this sucked... big time.

I never imagined being that person taking a whole bunch of different medications on a daily basis. Yet, here I am. The good news is... (yes, there is good news)... even though I've started this regime, I know for a fact that it's only temporary.

I watched Forks Over Knives today and I learned that many of our most crippling conditions can be greatly reduced if not completely eradicated simply by eating what they call a whole foods plant based diet. "This means consuming foods that come mainly from whole minimally refined plants such as fruits, vegetables, grains and legumes. It also means avoiding animal based foods such as meat, dairy and eggs as well as processed foods like bleached flour, refined sugars and oil."

God has warned me more than once to take better care of my temple and I was disobedient. Trust me when I say, HE won't have to warn me again. I have truly learned my lesson. What I am also learning now is what to eat. I've watched a few 'What I Ate Today,' vegan meal plan videos on you tube. It was interesting and it is a lot to take in. I also started searching on Pinterest to learn how to make healthy plant based foods.

I am also happy to say that I'm not on this journey alone. To encourage and support me, my daughters are on this journey with me. I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel that I they have my back. I love them dearly for going to this depth just because they want me to live a longer, healthier life. God bless them and speaking of my daughters, my oldest came over and made vegetarian tacos for dinner tonight.


Day 2

Saturday

Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts /
a hot cup of green tea with honey
Snack - One tomato sliced and mixed with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper /
2 Cloves of garlic sliced into small chunks and taken with water
Lunch - Green drink with carrots, kale, pineapple, apples / Garlic hummus with lettuce and tomatoes
Dinner - 2 Veggie tacos with Morning Star griller crumbles, lettuce, tomatoes and veggie cheese in tortilla taco boats / side of vegetables, kale, zucchini, cauliflower, red and yellow peppers

Energy Level - 6
Water Intake - 3 cups
Fruits - 2
Veggies- 7
Grains - Yes, Oatmeal
Beans - Not today
Daily Exercise - Exercise is against doctors orders for now, having just left the hospital.
Inspirational Program To Keep Me MotivatedForks Over Knives (Netflix)
and The Engine Kitchen Rescue (Netflix)

Notes - This morning I did something that I haven't done in a long time. I sat outside on my little deck, prayed and read my bible. It felt good to talk with God before I started my day and read His word. By the way, I read Psalms 120 to 124.

Image result for images of i look to the hills from whence cometh my health

No comments:

Post a Comment