Friday, August 12, 2016

Week 2, Bring It On



Well, I made it through my first week without any incidents. I didn't have meat, sweets, fried foods, coffee, soda, energy drinks and the list goes on and on. So far, my new lifestyle is a win, win and other than a few major adjustments at the grocery store, I'm Loving It!

I'm super excited to reach week 2. There are a few new recipes that I'm looking forward to trying and I'm hoping that I'll discover a few new favorites along the way. Unfortunately, the cabbage salad is a new recipe that I tried last week that I didn't care for. I'd never had red cabbage before so I had no idea that it would have such a strong, bitter taste. I know for a fact I'll never make that particular recipe again because even with the apples, dried cranberries and red raspberry vinaigrette, that bitter taste kept shining through with each mouthful. I'm still not going to rule out red cabbage just yet, I'm just hoping that one of these days, I'll find a better way to prepare it that works better for me. In the meantime, there's still a lot of it left so I'll continue to munch on it for meals here and there.


Day 8
Friday

Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts,
Snack - Hot cup of green tea with honey / 2 Oranges
Lunch - Cabbage salad with red cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, apples and dried cranberries with Raspberry vinaigrette / Pretzels from the vending machine at work
Snack - 2 more Oranges
Dinner - Tropical Smoothie Café / Cantaloupe




Water Intake - 20 Oz bottle plus 1 glass
Fruits - 2
Veggies- 3
Grains - Yes, Oatmeal
Beans - Not today


Notes - We had dinner out tonight. I was trying to choose a place that had healthier options, but it was my daughter that suggested that I try Tropical Smoothie Café. I'd had smoothies there in the past, but had never tried their food so I was curious. The thing that I really liked was that all the chicken dishes on their menu could be replaced with tofu. I ended up ordering a King Caesar wrap with tofu instead of chicken. It was good, but I also knew that it was incredibly fattening. Note to self... make it your mission to locate healthier spots in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment