Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Week So Far

fruit health benefits:


Daily Food Journal

Day 11 - Monday
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
Snack - Hot cup of green tea with honey / 1/2 a bag of pretzels from the vending machine
Lunch - Garden salad from the salad bar at the grocery store with mixed greens, spinach, carrots,
cherry tomatoes, edamame and mozarella  


Snack - The other 1/2 of the pretzels
Dinner - Veggie pizza on a tortilla wrap with spinach, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese / Side of watermelon

Day 12 Tuesday
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
Snack - 1 Nectarine / Hot cup of green tea with honey
Lunch - Garden salad (salad bar at the grocery store)


Snack - 1 Nectarine
Dinner - Green drink with beets, collard greens, pineapple, apples, carrots and a little honey./
And 1 plain Garden veggie burger (no bun, cheese or condiments)
Snack - 1 Plum

Day 13 Wednesday
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts
Snack - 1 Plum
Dinner - Green drink with Beets, kale, carrots, apples and pineapple /
1 Plain Veggie burger, (No cheese, bun or condiments)

Day 14 Thursday
Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
Snack -1 Boiled egg / Hot cup of green tea with honey
Lunch - Barley and Azuki beans (frozen vegetables that included edamame, sweet potatoes, yellow carrots and cranberries) and also 1 plain Veggie burger (No bun, cheese or condiments)
Snack - 1 Boiled egg
Dinner - Green drink with Beets, kale, carrots, apples and pineapples / 2 Oranges on the side

Notes - Well, this is the end of my first  two weeks as a pescatarian. Shockingly, I don't even miss eating meat, although I know I'm really just getting started. However, one problem that I'm having is sometimes, when I'm searching the really small organic section at the grocery store for snacks, the fruit just doesn't look good. It brings me down a little because I just don't know what else to pack for work. I don't want to keep hitting the vending machine to get pretzels, which has already happened 4 times during this 2 week period. Granted, pretzels aren't as bad as the M&M's that I used to go for before this healthy lifestyle change, but eating them still isn't doing me any favors. Anyway, I headed to Pinterest for help and I've put together a few great ideas. I'm happy to say that next week the lunches and snacks that I pack for work will look a whole lot different. With better planning I won't have to worry making unhealthy choices and... no pretzels.Image result for images of healthy foods

No comments:

Post a Comment